Breast Cancer Walk 2021
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
Team Name: Hindu Temple Society
American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Queens is excited to reunite in person this year, in accordance with CDC, state, and local health guidance and regulations.
The American Cancer Society organizes Breast Cancer Walk to raise money for efforts to save lives from breast cancer, promote awareness about breast cancer prevention and honor survivors. The Hindu Temple Society has been participating in Breast Cancer Walk for several years.
Please join the Temple team, walk in Breast Cancer Walk event, and help us make it a special. If you can’t join us, please consider making a donation.
Date: October 17, 2021 (Sunday)
Registration begins at 8 a.m.
Walk begins at 10 a.m.
Location: Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, NY 11368
(11101 Corona Avenue, Corona, NY)
What can you do as a Team Member?
- Please register online – you need an email account to do so. If you registered online last year then you can access your account by logging in to the same website as a new user at: www.makingstrideswalk.org/queens If you are a new registrant you need to set up an account using your email address and creating your own password PLEASE SELECT THE TEAM NAME “HINDU TEMPLE SOCIETY” WHEN REGISTERING..
- Get more volunteers to walk with you.
- As a walker, ask your friends and relatives to be your sponsor. If you are unable to commit to walk, simply be a sponsor of a walker who is your friend or family. Please download the Sponsor Form below to maintain a list of your sponsors.
- As guidance and safety measures evolve, all participants will be informed what to expect locally regarding masks, sanitizing stations, social distancing and crowd management, modified event layouts, outdoor venues and contactless engagement options onsite. To be a walker you need to be present at the location and registered with the American Cancer Society. Then walk along with the Temple Team. The time to assemble will be 10:00 AM by which time you should have already registered. You can walk consistent with your capacity and ability – there is no pressure as to time or distance.
- You can donate online directly PLEASE SEE HERE and pay via credit card or via check. MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY. Please write “Hindu Temple Society – Breast Cancer Walk 2021” as the memo entry. You can drop off the check at the Temple counter or hand it to anyone of the volunteers named below.
For further information please contact the Temple Counter at: (718) 460-8484 ext.112 or
Volunteers: Mr. K. Vaidyanathan (203) 535-6876 or Mr. P.R. Mohan (917) 693-2038.
To view and download the Cancer Walk 2021 flyer/sponsor form please – see here