Breast Cancer Event 2020
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
Team Name: Hindu Temple Society
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Queens will look a little bit different this year!
What can you do as a Team Member?
- Join the first ever Making Strides of Queens Drive-thru Event located at The Shops at Atlas Park (8000 Cooper Avenue, Glendale, NY 11385). This will take place October 18th from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM. Sign up for a “time slot” will be required prior to the event. Spots are limited! Top teams and Pacesetters will have early access to registration (more information to come visit the ACS website for updates – www.makingstrideswalk.org/queens
- Visit the beautiful tribute garden at your leisure of pink pinwheels, available for purchase of $10 at The Shops at Atlas Park October 11th thru October 18th.
- Get involved with the App Based Scavenger Hunt for teams that register $500 or more. Once a team hits $500 an email will be sent to opt into the scavenger hunt that can be done with a small group of family or friends. Invitations will be sent to qualified teams starting October 1st.
- Get involved with the Step Based Counter App. There will be step challenge through the app that will run from Oct. 1st to Oct. 11th.
- Virtual Program – A virtual program will be broadcasted via social media the weekend of October 17th. Details still to come, visit the ACS website for updates – www.makingstrideswalk.org/queens.
Please register online – you need an email account to do so. If you registered online last year then you can access your account by logging in to the same website as a new user at www.makingstrideswalk.org/queens If you are a new registrant you need to set up an account using your email address and creating your own password PLEASE SELECT THE TEAM NAME “HINDU TEMPLE SOCIETY” WHEN REGISTERING.
You can donate online directly PLEASE SEE HERE and pay via credit card or via check. MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY. Please write “Hindu Temple Society – Breast Cancer Event 2020” as the memo entry. You can drop off the check at the Temple counter or hand it to anyone of the volunteers named below.
For further information please contact the Temple Counter at: (718) 460-8484 ext.112 or
Volunteers: Mr. K. Vaidyanathan (203) 535-6876 or Mr. P.R. Mohan (917) 693-2038.