Breast Cancer Walk
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
Team Name: Hindu Temple Society
The American Cancer Society organizes Breast Cancer Walk to raise money for efforts to save lives from breast cancer, promote awareness about breast cancer prevention and honor survivors.
The Hindu Temple Society has been participating in Breast Cancer Walk for several years.
Please join the Temple team, walk in Breast Cancer Walk event, and help us make it a special. If you can’t join us, please consider making a donation.
Date: October 20, 2019 (Sunday)
Registration begins at 8 a.m.
Walk begins at 10 a.m.
Location: Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, NY 11368
(Promenade of Industry & Universe Court, Corona, NY)
What can you do as a Team Member?
1. Please register online – you need an email account to do so. If you registered online last year then you can access your account by logging in to the same website as a new user at: www.makingstrideswalk.org/queens. If you are a new registrant you need to set up an account using your email address and creating your own password. Please select the Team Name: “HINDU TEMPLE SOCIETY” when registering.
2. Get more volunteers to walk with you.
3. As a walker, ask your friends and relatives to be your sponsor. If you are unable to commit to walk, simply be a sponsor of a walker who is your friend or family. Please download the Sponsor Form below to maintain a list of your sponsors.
4. To be a walker you need to be present at the location to register at the American Cancer Society booth. Then walk along with the Temple Team. The time to assemble will be 10 a.m. by which time you should have already registered at the booth. You can walk consistent with your capacity and ability – there is no pressure as to time or distance.
5. You can donate online in the same website indicated above by clicking the Donate button and pay with credit card or by check. Make all checks payable to: AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY. Please write “Hindu Temple Society – Breast Cancer Walk 2019” as the memo entry. You can drop off the check at the Temple counter or hand it to anyone of the volunteers named below.
For further info, please contact the Temple at: (718) 460-8484 EXT.112 or volunteers: K.Vaidyanathan(203) 535-6876 • P.R.Mohan (917) 693-2038.