Rig & Yajur Upãkarma 2020
There will be three sessions for Yajur Veda Upakarma (6:00 am, 8:00 am & 10:00 am) and one session for Rig Veda Upakarma (7:00 am). Devotees who wish to participate must book online only (no exceptions!)
Rig Upãkarma – August 3rd, 2020 (Monday)
FIRST AND ONLY SESSION 7:00 AM
Bramha Yajnam, Utsarjanãnga Homam, Mahã Sankalpam, Tharpanam, Homam, Veda Vyãsa Pooja, Yajnopaveeta Dhãranam, Veda Ãrambham, Ãšeervãdam..
Yajur Upãkarma – August 3rd, 2020 (Monday)
FIRST SESSION 6:00 AM – SECOND SESSION 8:00 AM – THIRD SESSION 10:00 AM
Kãmokãrshith Japam, Bramha Yajnam, Mahã Sankalpam, Yajnopaveeta Dhãranam, Khãndarishi Tarpanam, Veda Vyãsa Pooja, Homam, Veda Ãrambham, Ãšeervãdam.
If you prefer to participate from home in Virtual Upakarma Online please see: nyganeshtemple.org/upakarma-online
Strict adherence to the following instructions must be maintained – Online booking is given at the end of this page.
- Yajur Upakarma will be performed in the Yagasala tent (behind the Temple).
- Rig Upakarma will be performed in Kubera Hall (Temple Basement)
- Please note: Max. 60 registrants only on a “first come” basis – per session.
- Only one devotee may participate per registration.
- Those who arrive late will NOT BE PERMITTED to participate, no exceptions!
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes ahead of the scheduled session.
- Please wash your hands and/or use sanitizer before entering the premises.
- Mask or Face covering are required.
- Temperature check at the designated area is required.
- Please enter your name and contact information in the provided registration book upon arrival.
- Social distancing guidelines MUST be maintained at all times. Please sit for the session at marked area only.
- Any accompanying family members (max. 2 persons) must wait outside the yagasala tent.
We seek cooperation from every one during this challenging time.
Gayatri Japam (Rig, Sãma, Yajur) – August 4th, 2020 (Tuesday)
8:00 am – Šri Gãyatri Japam and Homam.
9:15 am – Šri Gãyatri Abhishekam.
There is no scheduled participation – devotees interested may please book online below or call the Temple at (718) 460-8484 ext 112. All poojas sponsored by devotees will be performed by the priests and Prasadam will be sent to the respective devotees.
Devotees may sponsor any one of the following sessions