Vara Maha Lakshmi Vratam
August 20, 2021 (Friday)
Vara Mahã Lakshmi Vratam is dedicated to Goddess Šri Vara Lakshmi, an incarnation of Šri Mahã Lakshmi. This vrata is observed during Hindu lunar calendar Šrãvana month on the Friday, before the Full Moon (Poornima) day. It is observed by women praying to goddess Šri Mahã Lakshmi to seek Her blessings for a happy, wealthy and fruitful life.
8:00 am – Maha Lakshmi Abhishekam*
10:30 am – Vara Lakshmi Kalasa Pooja, Vara Maha Lakshmi Vrata Katha, Harati.
Devotees who wish to participate must book online only (no exceptions!) Strict adherence to the following instructions must be maintained – Online booking is given at the end of this page.
If you prefer to participate from home in the Virtual Vara Maha Lakshmi Vratam please see: nyganeshtemple.org/lakshmi-vratam-online
Strict adherence to the following instructions must be maintained..
- Vara Maha Lakshmi Vratam will be performed in the Yagasala tent (behind the Temple).
- Please note: Max. 60 registrants only on a “first come” basis.
- Only one devotee may participate per registration.
- There will only be one pooja session. Those who arrive late will NOT BE PERMITTED to participate. If anyone misses this session – Archana to Sri Maha Lakshmi Utsavar is suggested and GRANTI / RAKSHA & SACRED THREAD will be given.
- Please wash your hands and/or use sanitizer before entering the premises.
- Mask or Face covering are required.
- Temperature check at the designated area is required.
- ABSOLUTELY NO bags, material or pooja items allowed.
- Flower and fruit offerings must be placed in the designated area for appropriate sanitizing.
- NO cooked items (naivedyam) allowed – no exceptions.
- Social distancing guidelines MUST be maintained at all times. Please sit for the pooja at marked area only.
- Any accompanying family members (max. 2 persons) must wait outside the yagasala tent.
- Children below 12 years old may not attend or wait outside the yagasala tent.
We seek cooperation from every one during this challenging time.
Devotees may sponsor any one of the following sessions