As of June 4, 2020
Reopening of the Temple (COVID-19)
Careful soft-opening of the Temple is now being implemented – beginning May 28, 2020 (Thursday)
Admittance inside the Temple – Devotees are allowed inside the Temple
For Darshan ONLY – Daily from 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
NO MORE THAN 6 DEVOTEES MAXIMUM AT A TIME. Please cooperate. Devotees
will be given guidance by the security at the door on Bowne Street entrance.
Please visit the Temple website at nyganeshtemple.org for information prior to visiting the Temple.
If you are sick with flu like symptoms (such as fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, shortness of breath, muscle aches) please do not enter the Temple premises and if necessary seek medical advice.
For the safety of all devotees and our staff – MASKS OR FACE COVERING ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE TEMPLE. 6 FEET SOCIAL DISTANCING INSIDE THE TEMPLE MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Before entering the Temple:
- Wash your hands & feet (in the provided washing area)
- Use hand sanitizer
- Cover Your Cough: Cover your cough and sneezes. Use your elbow or a tissue. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
In the Mahã Mantapam / Main hall / Prasadam distribution hall:
- Devotees are advised not to touch ANYTHING with their hands.
- Devotee may spend NO MORE than 5 minutes inside the Temple. Please quickly complete your prayer/worship and leave the premises to give way for others who are waiting.
- Please DO NOT socialize or interact with other devotees while inside the Temple.
- DO NOT bring in any homemade or outside purchased dravyas such as fruits, milk, honey, naivedyam and sweets. It will NOT be accepted.
- Devotees while inside the Temple main hall, must keep 6 feet distance from each other at all times.
- Vibhooti and Kumkum prasadam available upon request, at the Counter.
- Devotees are advised to be cautious by not touching any of the Pooja material.
- Please do not give anything to the priest with your hands.
- Devotees are encouraged to book all religious services online or over the phone. All poojas sponsored by devotees will be performed by the priests and Prasadams will be sent to the respective devotees.
We seek cooperation from every one during this challenging time.
Please continue to offer donations and support the Temple.
All scheduled poojas and rituals will be carried out by the priests. Archanas, abhishekams and other scheduled poojas sponsored by devotees will also be performed by the priests inside the Temple and Prasadams will be sent to the respective devotees.
Please call the Temple at: (718) 460 8484 ext. 112 for booking services, religious schedules and live streaming info.
- Join Online Chanting and Prayer at 6:30 p.m. everyday – see here
- Weekly live-streaming schedules – see here
- Schedule changes and temporary suspension of services – see here
Please support the Temple during these challenging times by donating generously and sponsoring poojas.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Temple now offers the following virtual priest services:
· Punyãhavãchanam – (Sanctification ceremony)
· Nãmakaranam – (Naming ceremony)
· Annaprãšanam – (First feeding ceremony)
· Vidyãrambam – (Education)
· Satyanãrãyana Pooja – (Wisdom)
· Vãhana Pooja – (Vehicle pooja)
· Amãvãsya Tarpanam – Monthly
· Šrãddham (Hiranya) – Annual
· Šrãddham (Masikam) – Monthly, during first year – post funeral rites
· Last Rites (Funeral)
Devotees who wish to book any of the above services may please contact the Temple at (718) 460-8484 ext. 112.
- Bookings for Non-Scheduled Day Services and Outside Services are suspended until further notice with the exception of the ‘virtual services’ listed above.
Annual Assembly 2020 – is postponed until further notice