As of June 8, 2021 (Tuesday)
Reopening of the Temple
Careful opening of the Temple is now being implemented (due to COVID19)
Devotees are allowed inside the Temple for Darshan & Archana only as follows:
*OPEN DAILY (Monday – Sunday): 10:15 AM – 6:30 PM and 7:15 PM – 8:30 PM
NO MORE THAN 30 DEVOTEES MAXIMUM AT A TIME. Please cooperate. Devotees
will be given guidance by the security at the door on Bowne Street entrance.
*Timings for admittance are subject to change at the discretion of the Temple Management.
If you are sick with flu like symptoms (such as fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, shortness of breath, muscle aches) please do not enter the Temple premises and if necessary seek medical advice.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE TEMPLE, CANTEEN OR COMMUNITY CENTER IF YOU:
– Have recently been exposed to someone with COVID19.
– Have recently traveled to India**
**Due to the grim COVID pandemic situation in India and the current travel advisory issued for travel to and from India, The Hindu Temple Society of North America requests devotees who have returned from India, not visit the Temple, Canteen or Community Center for two weeks from their arrival date. Thank you for your cooperation & understanding during these difficult times.
For the safety of all devotees and our staff – MASKS OR FACE COVERING ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE TEMPLE. 6 FEET SOCIAL DISTANCING INSIDE THE TEMPLE MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Before entering the Temple:
- Wash your hands & feet (in the provided washing area)
- Use hand sanitizer
- Cover Your Cough: Cover your cough and sneezes. Use your elbow or a tissue. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
In the Mahã Mantapam / Main hall / Prasadam distribution hall:
- DO NOT touch the Deities or Sannidhi Walls.
- Devotees are advised not to touch ANYTHING with their hands.
- Please quickly complete your prayer/worship and leave the premises to give way for others who are waiting.
- Please DO NOT socialize or interact with other devotees while inside the Temple.
- DO NOT bring in any homemade or outside cooked food, it will NOT be accepted.
- Dravyas such as milk, fruits, flowers, honey, etc. will be accepted. Please leave these items in the red basket outside the temple and one of our staff members will take it inside.
- Devotees while inside the Temple main hall, must keep 6 feet distance from each other at all times.
- Vibhooti and Kumkum prasadam available upon request, at the Counter.
- Archana to Sri Maha Vallabha Ganapati, Sri Siva, Sri Parvati, Sri Shanmukha & Valli, Devasena, Sri Venkateswara, Sri Maha Lakshmi or Sri Hanuman may be performed. For all other services, devotees may please book online or call to book over the phone at (718) 460-8484 ext 112. All poojas sponsored by devotees will be performed by the priests and Prasadams will be sent to the respective devotees.
- Vahana (vehicle) Pooja may be performed Monday thru Friday from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm and Saturdays & Sundays from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Devotees are advised to be cautious by not touching any of the Pooja material.
- Please do not give anything to the priest with your hands.
We seek cooperation from every one during this challenging time.
Please continue to offer donations and support the Temple.
All scheduled poojas and rituals will be carried out by the priests. Archanas, abhishekams and other scheduled poojas sponsored by devotees will also be performed by the priests inside the Temple and Prasadams will be sent to the respective devotees.
Please call the Temple at: (718) 460 8484 ext. 112 for booking services, religious schedules and live streaming info.
- Join Online Chanting and Prayer at 6:30 p.m. Every Friday – see here
- Weekly live-streaming schedules – see here
- Schedule changes and temporary suspension of services – see here
Please support the Temple during these challenging times by donating generously and sponsoring poojas.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Temple now offers the following virtual priest services:
· Punyãhavãchanam – (Sanctification ceremony)
· Nãmakaranam – (Naming ceremony)
· Annaprãšanam – (First feeding ceremony)
· Vidyãrambam – (Education)
· Satyanãrãyana Pooja – (Wisdom)
· Amãvãsya Tarpanam – Monthly
· Šrãddham (Hiranya) – Annual
· Šrãddham (Masikam) – Monthly, during first year – post funeral rites
· Last Rites (Funeral)
Devotees who wish to book any of the above services may please contact the Temple at (718) 460-8484 ext. 112.
- Bookings for Non-Scheduled Day Services and Outside Services are suspended until further notice with the exception of the ‘virtual services’ listed above.